All-star cheerleading and Twitter go hand-in-hand like beyoncé and the Illuminati or Worlds and rings. During competitions, you’re glued to your feed waiting for updates. And when life’s less exciting, you’re waiting for an anonymous cheer twitter to stir up some drama.
Twitter gets you and you get Twitter… If you’re a cheerleader, these tweets will speak to you on a spiritual level.
These tweets are all too real for anyone who is or was a cheerleader.
1. You’re busy…always
sorry, I have cheer practice.#cancelplansin5words
— fresh princess (@Belleaire_) March 16, 2016
Life? What life?
2. Basket toss? Round 0ff? Standing back tuck? #ugh
cheerleading is the hardest thing to explain to a non cheerleader….
— CheerMix (@thecheermix) March 5, 2016
So many words, so little time to explain.
3. It’s a sport… get over it
I will physically fight anyone who says cheerleading is not a sport
— kali (@kalilynn44) March 16, 2016
How many times do you have to show them a Top Gun routine before they get it?!
4. Lol, what even is sleep?
I love cheerleading, but it pretty much destroys any chance I have at a normal sleeping schedule
— ♔Jenee Cruise♔ (@jenee_12) March 6, 2016
But no worries, fifth period science class is a great chance to catch some extra Zzzzzzzzzz’s.
5. After several years of all-star cheerleading, you may or may not have asked your orthopedic doctor if he/she had a frequent customer punch card.
After 8 years of competitive cheer pic.twitter.com/Afk7w6THqY
— Savannah✾Manning (@Savvylicious) December 19, 2015
Thank god for insurance, amirite parents?
6. When finishing a full out is more important than… anything
tbt to when there was a real tornado & cheer athletics was about to crumble but cheetahs still had to go full out last year
— Carla Perez (@CarlaPerezzzz) March 9, 2016
Do it for the #squad
7. Arthritis, osteoporosis, paralysis… just another day as an all-star cheerleader
Cheerleading in a pic pic.twitter.com/VokuntNXlf
— Zac (@zacguidryy) March 7, 2016
You’ll be in a wheelchair by 35 forsure.
8. 200 mg? HA!
“worlds diet” pic.twitter.com/c34jN3jfTB
— CHEERLEΔDING L♡VE (@CheerleadingL) February 20, 2016
9. Feelin’ like Yeezy.. $53m in debt
cheer competitions be like pic.twitter.com/CmtmPP9ZL1
— CHEERLEΔDING L♡VE (@CheerleadingL) March 17, 2015
But those Dippin Dots were totally worth it
10. When your team consists of college freshman and 7th graders. No biggie!
cheerleading has to be the only sport where a seventeen year old can be bestfriends with a thirteen year old.
— canwecheer (@canwecheerig) March 11, 2016
Age is just a number…
11. When leaving practice feels like you’ve just escaped certain death
I swear every time I leave the California Allstars I feel like a free slave!! ????#pushing
— devin allen (@devinallenduh) March 9, 2016
And you’re a better person because of it.
12. The week before a major competition. Enough Said.
A solid representation of how I feel about Hell Week starting tonight ????pic.twitter.com/8LHTrekxnJ
— Sean Lara (@LaraDUHH) March 13, 2016
It’s just seven days of torture. YOU CAN DO IT.
13. When anonymous cheer twitters make you cringe…
When people hide behind anonymous Twitter accounts to bash cheer teams… Lame! If you’re that big of a bad a** then post as yourself.
— Orby Orta (@Orbyorta) July 28, 2015
When things get nasty on the Twiter
14. But then you remember why this sport is so great
Top Gun I salute you! Class act! TOP GUN HAS PASSED THEIR PAID TO CEA COED ELITE. I have tears!
— cheerUPDATES (@cheerUPDATES) December 16, 2013
Faith in humanity = restored
15. And when you can’t wait for it all to be over
— gab (@ggabrieIIe) February 6, 2016
JUST MAKE IT STOP
16. But in the end, you now you’re going to miss it. A lot. Forever.
I just cried because after 11 years of cheer… I’m not ready for it to be over after this weekend. ????
— dani. (@Dani_TheChamp) March 17, 2016
And you’ll look back on these memories as the best times for the rest of your life.